"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." Saint Augustine

Friday, June 4, 2010

Big Brown Bear

Today is a very sad day. Kaci had to be put to sleep today. She was old and tired and it was her time, but that doesn't take away the pain. I remember when we picked her out way back in high school. I wanted the fat puppy. I remember being in the back seat with her on the way home. We drove through McDonnald's and parked in the Fred Meyer parking lot so my mom and Gary could go in and get all the puppy stuff we needed. Kaci and I sat in the car, and I pulled out my cheeseburger. It was on its way to my mouth when a big brown blur lept up and snatched it from me.
Kaci was our big brown bear. She was so sweet and the prettiest brown I ever saw on a dog. She will be missed so much! I am sending positive thoughts your way mom and you are always in my prayers. I know how much it hurts and I hope your pain goes away soon. I love you.

HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR
My best friend closed her eyes last night,
As her head was in my hand.
The Doctors said she was in pain,
And it was hard for her to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled her in my arms.
Were of her younger, puppy years,
And Oh...her many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart that's filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door'!!!
~Jan Cooper '95


No comments:

Post a Comment